Thyme Passages Rhubarb Ginger Switchel
Prepare 3 cups of Thyme Passages Tea from the Metal Element. This is the opportunity to release grief, guilt or regret with positive affirmations designed to promote breathing deeply into the lungs and detoxifying through the respiratory tract. Actions of the past no longer need to grip your every move, and with the sip of the switchel you transform your fixations into action by striving forward with an eagerness to be honest and open about all the gifts you have to offer others. Set these three cups aside for now.
In a pot, put 3 cups of chopped rhubarb and ¼ cup of ginger root, add enough water to cover over the rhubarb and have an extra finger width of water above it, approximately 6 cups of water. Bring the pot to a boil for 2 minutes, turn off the heat and let the pot sit and steep for 15 minutes. Strain the juice into a glass container and put the rhubarb ginger mush aside (it can be used in muffins later). Into the juice add ¼ cup of honey and ¼ cup of molasses. Stir to dissolve. Add 1 cup of fresh lemon juice, and ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar. Add the 3 cups of prepared Tea and ¼ cup of blueberries and ¼ cup of raspberries. Stir to mix and put into the refrigerator to cool. Serve with a lemon wedge, a sprig of mint, or a cinnamon stick.
*Preparing your tea ahead…if you make a pot of tea and have left overs, put them into a container in the fridge or into an ice tray. When you need the tea, it is ready for you. Tea cubes are great to add to a glass of water on a hot day.
What is Switchel? Why should I drink it?
Switchel is a drink that goes back to the 1700’s and was a great way for farmers to balance their electrolytes after a hot day of working in the sun. A natural way to bring hydration and balance to the body, this is a simple way to make a difference in the body. Here are a few other things that the switchel can offer your body…
- Reduction of inflammation. The inclusion of ginger as well as thyme and eucalyptus brings about a calming effect for the body and the systems.
- The potassium, magnesium, calcium and manganese rich addition of apple cider vinegar as well as molasses assists with bringing essential minerals to the body. Iron is also present and provides the opportunity for the body to energize and support muscles and tissue.
- The body can balance the ph with the apple cider vinegar and lemon which supports the lymphatic system as well as the liver organ system, this assists with a flow of fluids that supports releasing toxins from the system.
- Supporting the digestive system through the ginger, the body is able to change the way that food is used as fuel for the body.
- Honey supports the body to aid digestion and adds vitamin C, calcium, and antibacterial and antifungal properties.
And these are just a few of the wonderful opportunities in each glass of Switchel…add a few berries and you increase the antioxidant qualities as well as the vitamins. Enjoy!