A former Dance Studio owner and instructor for 30 years, Michelle now focuses on bringing dance to the rural communities and movement development to those with challenges.
Michelle Greenwell is a movement specialist working with clients from coast to coast, one to one or in a group situation. With an extensive background in dance: tap, jazz, highland, stepdance, hip hop, lyrical, musical theatre, preschool through to grandparenthood, she uses dance to heal the body and introduce the values of each dance discipline.
Her training in Touch for Health, Tai Chi, Qi Gong, Masgatova Method, Circuits Alive Muscle Tuning and many other healing modalities allows her to pull the skills necessary to meet the personal needs of her clients.
Michelle teaches dance programs up and down Route 19 from Port Hawksbury to Cheticamp throughout the year to all ages. As well, she volunteers her time with the Canadian Tai Chi Academy to support the Cape Breton branch for Tai Chi. The branch offers classes on Tuesdays in Judique and Thursdays in Mabou year- round.
Opportunities To Work With Michelle and Her Specialized Techniques
Dance Workshops in a specified discipline or with understanding quality movement through more specific topics, adjudication, examinations, camps
Tai Chi Workshops introducing specific exercises, movement analysis, review of set learning, Tai Chi for Health, Tai Chi for Seniors, Tai Chi for Kids, Tai Chi for Arthritis, Tai Chi for Strength
Touch for Health: Levels 1 through 4, Tender Tootsies, Energizing for the Everyday, Stress Release made Easy, Tibetan Figure 8 Energy, Specialized Kinesiology for Kids
Dance for Healing: A combination of movements and energy healing techniques rolled into one impactful workshop. This work also combines the extraordinary talents of Dr. Rashida Naraharasetti, Michelle’s partner for the creation of this work in “Dancing to the Rhythms of the Cosmos”.
Circuits Alive Muscle Tuning: Levels 1 through 3 Workshops and One on One Consulting to maximize the strength and integrity of muscles for Peak Performance for Athletes.
Alberta Recreation and Parks – ACE Communities Leader: Offering workshops through webinar experiences to reach even the remotest areas of the country.
Michelle is an author and lyricist with several themed programs for teachers to utilize with ease. “Stacey on the Keyboard” book and CD, “Peter on the Drums” book, and “Stacey on the Keyboard Imagination Kit” are a complete program combining dance, music, imagination, puppetry, games and integrated movement patterns to optimize learning. As well, Michelle has also created the following themed binders for easy teaching of movement, music and learning: “Ships Ahoy”, “Dancin in the Kitchen”, and “Dancing under the Big Top”.
- ADAPT syllabus-Toronto
- Jump Rhythm Jazz Project-Chicago
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology specializing in child development and sports psychology
- Certified Touch For Health instructor
- Summer Camp Instruction-Strathspey Place Theatre in Mabou, Cape Breton
- Lynn Simonson(Jazz, New York), Brian & Faye Foley(Tap/Jazz, Toronto), Josh Hilberman(Tap, Chicago), Bril Barrett(Tap, Chicago), Jeannie Hill(Tap, New York), Billy Siegenfeld(JumpRhythmJazz Project, Chicago), Decidedly Jazz Danceworks(Tap/Jazz, Calgary), MADD Rhythms Canada(Tap, Calgary), Lisa LaTouche, Wenda Crawford(Highland, Ontario), Arlene Bains(Highland, Red Deer), MaryJanet MacDonald(Stepdance, Cape Breton), Andrea Beaton, Wendy MacIsaac & Mac Morin(Stepdance, Cape Breton), Heather Cornell(tap and musicality), Tasha Lawson(Tap and Body Percussion), Josh Hilberman(Tap)
- Alberta Dance Educators Association
- Alberta Dance Alliance
- Canadian Tai Chi Academy
- Scottish Dance Teachers Association
- Canadian Association of Specialized Kinesiologists
- Strathspey Place Theatre in Mabou
- Scottish Dance Teachers Alliance
- Scotdance Canada
- Canadian Association of Specialized Kinesiology
- Moy Tai Chi since 1996
- Loh Kup with Mrs. Kwan and Ben Chung
- Summer camps in Strathspey Place Theatre and Inverness Center for the Arts